Unit 6/104 Gympie Rd,
Strathpine QLD 4500
As a new pet parent, learning to understand your puppy's behaviour is invaluable. During the ages of 8-16 weeks, puppies absorb new information much easier and quicker than after this age, this makes Puppy School so important. It’s also a great way to meet new puppy friends, be exposed to new environments and learn about how to create a happy puppy and a happy household.
Classes are run by our experienced nursing team, one evening a week, for 4 weeks. Our nurses are not only trained professionals but are also great puppy cuddlers.
To ensure everyone is fully protected, puppies will need to have had their 1st vaccination to attend.
What Will Be Covered?
• Basic canine communication, this helps us understand what they are feeling
• Common issues ie. digging, biting & jumping
• Environmental enrichment, great ways to keep your puppy happy & stimulated
• Toilet training & sleeping through the night
• Basic commands such as sit, stay, drop, come & walk on a lead
• Tips on helping puppy adjust to their new life with you
• Learning the Importance of controlled interactions
Our nurses only teach gentle handling techniques, which puppies love!
We also include:
• A graduation pack with a certificate, gifts, and photo!
• A complimentary one on one nurse consultation to answer any questions that you may have about your own puppy. This helps you keep on track with their healthcare.
Who Should Attend?
The ideal age for puppies starting classes is 6-16 weeks. Pups are also of a similar behavioural development at this time. Puppies 6-16 weeks of age are in the critical period for socialisation in which a small amount of experience can lead to significant long lasting effects on behaviour.
What do you need to bring?
Their bed or mat - Gives puppies a soft place to settle on.
Chews - Roo flaps, sheep ears, venison ears are a great choice.
High value treats - To reward your puppy for their hard work.
Front loaded harness - Useful tool to prevent pulling while teaching your puppy to walk nicely on lead.
Adaptil junior collar - A pheromone collar that sends comforting messages to puppies that helps puppies to feel as comforted and secure with their new family as they did with their mother.